Translator is Add-In for Microsoft® Access® 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010, designed to assist developer to make application multilingual. First Translator collects text information from Forms, Reports, Macros and Command bars and its controls - labels, textboxes, etc. Then developer translates collected text to other languages, and at last Translator writes translated text back to controls' and objects properties.
- two translation modes - one MDB file per language and one MDB file for all languages (on-fly translation)
- works with all control properties, containing text data on Forms, Reports, Macros and, limited, Command bars; collects string arguments from MsgBox functions in all modules.
- up to 10 languages
- ability to work with different character sets in built-in edit form - Western, Japanese, Cyrillic ,etc.
- import/export text data to text file for 3-rd party translation engines
- report to check enough space for translated text in label controls
- Microsoft Access 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010 versions
Now, with Microsoft® Word™ online translation feature you can make your application multilingual in 10 minutes. See sample Northwind.mdb "translated" by Translator and Word 2003 Northwind.zip (this was just draft translation).
A following video shows how you can easy make Microsoft Access aplication multilingual (5 mins, about 3 MB size) TranslatorVideo
Current builds are:
Translator for Microsoft Access 97 version (Trans.mda) - 1.136
Translator for Microsoft Access 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010 version (Trans9.mda) - 1.143
What is new:
Version 1.143 - Microsoft Access 2007/2010 support
Version 1.136/139 - additional error handling
Version 1.134 - a procedure to collect string arguments from MsgBox() functions in Modules.
Version 1.131 - a procedure to collect string agruments from MsgBox action in Macros.
"I am really impressed by the job it does, I think it is one of the best solutions I have seen out there for localization of Access apps."
- Michael Kaplan, www.trigeminal.com
"Translator is a really simple to use and effective tool that saves a lot of time solving a common problem very elegantly."
- Peter Scheepers, www.honeywell.com
Demo version limitations:
In demo mode Translator replaces first 3 characters in translation table with "***".
Buy Translator online, $149 single-user license:
Multi Currencies Available for Payment!
We use share-it! and our customers can pay in theoretically unlimited currencies using method of payment common in your country. All of our product prices are in U.S. currency but share-it! payment processing system will easy convert in your preferred currency. Upon checkout you have the option to change your currency if you so desire at that time.
Microsoft Access 97 version is also availabel by email request.
Windows Live Translator
WorldLingo - Language Translation Solutions
ProZ.com: Translation Jobs
International Translation Bureau
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Download: TransDemo.zip (437 kb)